Sunday, August 12, 2018

Helping Duke Part 1


Helping Duke
Part 1 The Tower


It (sort of) began on June 2, 2018. A very small group of friends went to Orlando for a Seance.
Actually, my first seance (as a sitter). I had conducted trance-sessions and communicated with the departed most of my life. But this time, I was going to listen and experience what other's experience.
I wasn't truly prepared for the journey on which I would embark, after this evening.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself.
A very long evening with long-time friend, Astrologer, Tarot Reader and medium, Dikki-Jo Mullen, proved fruitful for most attending, and kind of vexing (and fascinating) for me.
At the end of the evening, she pulled out her Rider/Waite Tarot Cards.
I was so excited, I could hardly contain myself.
She went around the circle of 8 people, and said "If there's someone you wanted to hear from, whom you did NOT hear from, I will pull a card for you, for a message from them.
She started on the other side of her, which made me the last. I had a lot of time to
think of who I wanted to hear from. But just before she got to me, my mind went blank, but
for one name: Duke.
I don't truly remember what I told her about Duke's circumstances, but I'm sure it was sad and disastrous. (just like the circumstances of Duke's passing).
 Dikki-Jo pulled out a card, and it was The Tower. She was ardent in her description.
"Some people think the worst card in the Tarot is the Devil, but I think it's THIS card."
she began. "Duke's family has been in a cycle of violence through many life-times. ".
I remember nodding, sort of helplessly. The card and her words imprinted on my mind.
Over the days, weeks, months that followed, I couldn't shake the sad feeling that I had over my (long-ago) friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment