Monday, April 15, 2013


GOOD PEOPLE-4

The first time I worked with Nathan and Bonnie Thom was an amazing (and intimidating) experience for me.
They are exceptional music leaders for our church who completely grasp the concept of "Majestic Worship".
Anyway, they were filling in for our (then) music leader, and I was there with a Vegas professional bassist (Rennie), Nathan Thom (former employee of Capitol records) and Bonnie Thom (keyboardist, exceptional pianist and vocalist).
At the end of the 2 1/2 rehearsal, I remember saying to them "You guys really work hard!".
Of course it was true, and of course, I had no idea just how hard. They have a family , full time jobs and lead all the music in our church.
If that were the end of the grace that flows through them, that would be enough. Bonnie, after receiving an email from me, called immediately to resolve an issue I had involving my own absence in the music program (precipitated mostly by Bonnie and Nathan's predecessor).
She listened, she offered. She included me.
Later, when I sang a solo in church, Nathan worked and worked on the sound with me until it was "right"..."really right".
I can't begin to explain how blessed Walt and I have felt , Sunday, after Sunday, when they have been there, to lift our spirits. I'm sick, somehow Bonnie has chosen "This is the air I breathe", just the praise I need to bring me beyond the smallness of my problems to the greatness of God.
 I'm low energy, the praise band is spilling out the windows with "Yes, LORD, "Yes, LORD, Yes, Yes LORD, AMEN!".
 I'm feeling nostalgic , and somehow, Nathan is ripping on "Jesus is the Rock that Rolled my blues away".
 The ribbons of talent run through their family, truely, like the blood of Christ himself.
 A son that plays base, and a daughter, who's voice rivals Celine Dion, God has been blessing and blessing us with their presence through this last year.
Through some difficulties in their lives, Walt and I have been touched to be "touch-stones" for them in prayer.
Unfortunately, they are going through despairing times now, and I have been consumed by my own illness.
 I'm reminded of something someone told me (I don't remember who, or when) sometimes you don't have to stand tall. Sometimes, you just have to stand UP.
I'm remembering for them, that Christ is still on the thrown. I'm remembering for them God's unchanging hand (and ours) is extended to them.
I'm believing and complete and utter victory for them.
The trials of Job did not last forever.
Neither will this.
In Walt and my heart, our souls and our perception,
Nathan and Bonnie
you are good people.

Until Next time,
Eat something wonderful
and live a life worth loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment