Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Little Baby Boy

by Kimberly A. Danbert
Soft rays of starlight fell to ease
the darkness of the night
Inside the stable they had found;
the only place in sight
Her small frame racked from travel
and then labor in the cold,
Joseph handed her their infant son
for her to feed and hold.
He baptized her with baby’s tears.
She stroked his tiny head,
And then she kissed both of his eyes
While Joseph made a bed.
Then, in a voice imbued with hope,
to soothe the baby’s cry,
as she rocked the Son of God,
She sang this lullaby.

When you grow to be a man
You’ll heal the sick and lame.
You’ll raise the dead and teach great truths.
Emmanuel’s your name.
An angel told me you would come
to bring the world great joy.
But through my eyes,
within my heart
And in my arms
you’ll always be
my little baby boy.


The darkness fell on all the earth
when He was crucified.
They took Him down off of the cross
and laid Him at her side.
Her thin frame racked with travel
and the labors of the years;
she rocked the body of the Lord
and bathed Him with her tears.
She stroked his matted hair
and she kissed him on both eyes.
Then, with a weak and weary voice,
sang one last lullaby.

My son, you’ve been a holy man
and now you are despised.
I know, that in a little while
you’ll cheat death and you’ll rise.
An angel told me you would come
to bring the world great joy;
But through my eyes,
within my heart
and in my arms
you’ll always be
my little baby boy.
********************
Until next time,
Merry Christmas
and God Bless us
Every
One.

No comments:

Post a Comment