Monday, June 4, 2018

A Mystical Weekend



You might have seen a recent blog that I posted about a Séance experience I had with Dikki-Jo Mullen . That weekend with rifle with myself, quirky and blessing experiences that were too numerous too count. I probably couldn't keep silent about them, if I wanted to, which I don't....so I won't.
First--an  apport story
Apport-definition:
In parapsychology and spiritualism, an apport is the alleged paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or séances.
Backstory
  I recently came across (and re-fell in love with) the first Tarot deck I owned and with which I read. While conducting a reading for someone, I discovered there was a bent (slightly mutilated) card (the four of wands). In the midst of this, I'm getting enthusastic  about a movement among Tarotists called modified Tarot decks (in which Tarot decks are cropped of their borders and edged and perhaps backed with contact paper). So, I was troubled by the bent card, attempting to source replacement and launching a bit of a campaign for "the faithful remant" of Tarot cards---no card left behind. Reading for a client, we were talking about experiences at a séance. She mentioned receiving an apport. I replied (a bit too sharply, I think) "I don't believe in apports".
The morning I'm to leave for Orlando, I see a deck of the Sacred Rose Tarot (the original deck with which I began reading Tarot). Shrugging and thinking: "I don't remember leaving these here" and then going through some of the cards...I realized, this is not the same deck. This one was not as well loved. Actually didn't seem to have been used at all. Walt is smiling at me with the ardency of an otter at play and then finally confesses he found them in a basket in one of the bedrooms. Not MY basket, with MY things but Nella's things. Further investigation with Nella , proved fruitless in explanation. She knew nothing about the cards or their origin and I was welcome to them.  
 One of my favorite authors and avid spiritualist , Sir Arthur Conan Doyle said: Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
  If this had been any other Tarot Deck, I might have been tempted to brush it off.
My conclusion: This Tarot deck is an apport.
On the way to Orlando for our Séance adventure, I learned that a friend (on the same adventure) had paid for our room with her Holiday Inn points. Major Blessing!
We had an (early) supper together and then headed off to the Séance, which was interesting and mystical and lovely.
The next morning, another friend bought us breakfast! I love chatting away and eating breakfast and drinking coffee.

On the way home, we were on 520 and elected to stop at a Metaphysical Store we'd been meaning to visit (and never had). We stopped at Angel's Oasis on the way home. It is a quaint and pleasant shop with dragons popping out of eggs, and oracle decks and crystals (oh my!).  It's plumb in the center of Cocoa Village (in a bit of store cul-de-sac-)  My concern in this shop was the dimness of the lighting, I found the lighting insufficient to take in all of the delights of the shop. I know...I'm aging and need more light...but only to see.
 After visiting there, we were walking down the street to our car, when I saw an "other worldly figure" walking UP the sidewalk past us.
It was (of course) Morgana Star. I've never met her in person (or any other way, for that matter). 5' 8" (I'm assuming) buxom woman with blond flowing hair and skin as creamy as the dress she was wearing. I think Walt expressed it best when he said "She cuts quite a fiqure". Seeing her approaching, I found myself wondering if people in Cocoa Village see her and wonder if she's a spirit or Celestial being, instead of a human. After exchanging cordial "hellos" we went on our way.
 But not quite home...not quite yet.  On a roll (as they say) Walt had not seen Creative Energy (on 192) We arrived there just before they opened. It is a beautiful store...and honestly, like a candy store for the metaphysically inclined.
While Walt was enjoying the crystals and fairies and mermaids (oh my!) I found my way back to the large display of Tarot decks. When Kathryn Flanagan emerged from a curtain (nearby), I actually wondered if she caught me drooling (over the Tarot decks....never-mind). I loved seeing Kathryn in her environment, as she regaled me with her latest theater extravaganza (in which she dances). I'm sure she's breath-taking in it.
 After himming and hawing, and two Tarot Decks and a golden $100 bill later (they have them there for sale...I'm putting it on my vision board-don't judge me!)
We made the winding trip home.
It was a wondrous, mystical and blessing-filled weekend.
More wondrous and mystical and blessing-filled than has been
for me...in many a year.



Until next time,
eat something wonderful,
and live a life worth loving,
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment