Wednesday, November 26, 2014

These are the things I'm thankful for

I'm thanksful for the Foodtv. I am not truly a country music fan. So, my exposure to country music is usually "accidental" . During the holidays--Thanksgiving included, I watch every Foodtv and HGTV special and dedicated episode my dvr will hold.
During Trisha Yearwood's Big Thanksgiving Family gathering episode, I had a profound moment. For me, it was the "Thanksgiving equivalent" of the scene in the Charlie Brown Christmas when Linus says "I can tell you what Christmas is about, Charlie Brown." At the end of the meal, Trisha Yearwood sings a song she says she's been working on, to honor her family who's passed.
I was touched beyond measure.
These are the lyrics:
These are the things I'm thankful for by Trisha Yearwood
What I'm thankful for ain't on no list
It only in my heart exists.
For time has helped me understand
there's things I can't hold in my hand
For those who came before my turn
from whom I gathered lessons learned
Like the path that lies ahead,
I see them when I bow my head.
I'm thankful for the Lord above
the blessing of unending love
a promise kept that there is something more.

Until next time,
eat something wonderful
and live a life worth loving
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment